On this page:
Blipper Widget displays the latest blip in a Blipfoto user’s photo journal in a widget on their WordPress website.
Blipper Widget aims to partially replace the BlipPress plugin written by Simon Blackbourn. Blipfoto changed its API some time ago, and Simon’s plugin has sadly never been the same since.
The latest code in development is available on GitHub:
The GitHub repository does not necessarily contain the latest release because it contains development code; it should not be considered as safe to use.
Latest changes in the GIT repository
- Alters the error message formatting to match Plugin-readme Parser.
- Defines missing variable.
- Improves the debug messaging.
- Fixes the full stops in error messages.
- Improves layout/formatting ever so slightly.
- Improves the adding Settings link to plugins page.
- Drops PHP version back down to 7.4.
- Updates version to 1.2.2.
- Adds backticks to example of shortcode use.
- Updates release version.
The latest release of the plug-in is available to install from the WordPress plugin directory:
This is the version you should use.
Latest changes in the SVN repository
- Revision 2869959: Improves the adding of Settings link to plugin page.
- Revision 2869508: Drops PHP version back down to 7.4.
- Revision 2869507: Tags version 1.2.2.
- Revision 2869497: Adds backticks to example of shortcode.
- Revision 2865193: Adds tag 1.2.1.
- Revision 2865186: Updates version number to 1.2.1 in readiness for new tag.
- Revision 2777820: Fixes formatting of shortcode settings.
- Revision 2777796: Drops PHP version to 7.4.
- Revision 2777789: Releases version 1.2.0.
- Revision 2777785: Releases version 1.2.0.
You can see a demonstration of the plugin on this website.
To use this widget, you must have an account with Blipfoto. If you don’t have a Blipfoto account, then you can sign up to Blipfoto and get one for free.
This plugin uses a classic widget, which can be used as normal in a classic theme. To use the widget in a block-enabled theme, use one of the following methods:
- Install a plugin that enables classic widgets. This will allow you to add Blipper Widget to any widget-enabled location on your site.
- Use the Blipper Widget shortcode in a WP Shortcode block. If you’re not familiar with using shortcodes in WordPress, you can read the official documentation for WordPress Shortcode blocks or a beginner’s guide to working with shortcodes in WordPress.
The readme file is available to view here, courtesy of the Plugin-readme Parser plugin.
The readme file has more details about the plugin.
Blipper Widget 1.2.0 is released
Here’s what’s new in Blipper Widget 1.2.0.
Blipper Widget 1.1.3 is released
I update Blipper Widget to indicate how it works with WP 6.0.1.
Blipper Widget: readme
The Blipper Widget readme file.
A new logo for Blipper Widget
I use my new Pandammonium logo as a base for my new Blipper Widget logo.
Blipper Widget 1.1.2 is released
I release Blipper Widget 1.1.2, but compatibility has only been fully tested up to WP 5.7.
Blipper widget example
Examples of Blipper Widget in use.
Blipper Widget 0.0.9 released
I release Blipper Widget 0.0.9.
Blipper Widget 0.0.7 released
Blipper Widget 0.0.7 is released.
Blipper Widget 0.0.6 released
Blipper Widget 0.0.6 is released.
Blipper Widget is now available through the WP Plugin Directory
Blipper Widget is now available for your installing pleasure from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Blipper Widget: approved!
WordPress approve Blipper Widget. On to the next step.
Blipper Widget: submitted!
I submit Blipper Widget for review.
Readying Blipper Widget for the WordPress Plugin Repository
I prepare Blipper Widget for submission to the WordPress Plugin Repository.
Blipper Widget — back in business
I fix Blipper Widget, hurrah.
WP Blipper Widget suffers setback
WP Blipper Widget becomes Blipper Widget… and breaks.
WP Blipper Widget: options
I separate the options into those that work behind the scenes and those that affect the appearance of the widget.
Demo: WP Blipper Widget
WP Blipper Widget is now live on this site!
WP Blipper Widget: fixed
Digital Ocean help me find and fix the error that killed my plugin — oh, happy day.
Simplifying always helps
WP Blipper Widget update: scrap the over-complicated boilerplate WP plugin; start from scratch with one file.
WP settings as arrays
Setting up the settings in my WP Blipper plugin.
About the Blipper Widget plugin for WordPress.